I start this blog process somewhat reluctantly. My ulterior motive won out over recommended humility: I hope to sell more of my writing and this medium is suggested as a tool.
I completed a long-overdue childhood memoir, "Walkin' Joe and The Midnight Marauders" and if you want to find out more about it, go to www.walkingjoe.com. Though I am proud of the work, I'm a bit tired of self-promoting it. It is for sale on Amazon and can be ordered through Barnes and Noble and book stores. Amazon has it in Kindle format also.
I'll begin posting items primarily related to my "new" career as I retired from a long career in the newspaper and communications business Sept. 1, 2012. Believing that retirement as such is hazardous, I am now writing for myself. I have about 45 years of professional writing - from basic reporting to editorials and from promotional copy to features and regular columns.
Writing is easy for me, but getting official recognition - like a publisher engaged in building a readership market - would be a goal. But I'll write regardless and balance that with exercise, reading, hiking and selected humanitarian work.
I have a simple goal: to make my little corner of this world interesting and beneficial.
You will have much support. Good luck with your future projects. Many of us will be looking forward to them.
ReplyDeleteThanks Dale,when your band goes on tour, come out to WA state!
ReplyDeleteThe days of wine and roses laugh and run away like a child at play
ReplyDeleteThrough a meadow land toward a closing door
A door marked "nevermore" that wasn't there before
The lonely night discloses just a passing breeze filled with memories
Of the golden smile that introduced me to
The days of wine and roses and you,
Great lyrics by Johnny Mercer